Building Individualized Curriculum and Programs
When you choose Disciple Christian Academy, you get more than just another private Christian school; You get a Christian team of professionals who are committed to meeting every educational need of your child.
After diagnostic testing, children are assigned courses that each consist of 12 workbooks called PACEs. Each PACE presents interesting lessons, new vocabulary, challenging quizzes, and mastery tests. The unique format of the curriculum allows students to advance from unit to unit as they demonstrate mastery. Students advance through the curriculum under close supervision by teachers functioning more as individual tutors.
On the surface, most schools look alike—buildings, personnel, curriculum, and budgets. The Accelerated Christian Education program is different. For more than 40 years, it has been the trendsetter in Biblical educational reform. Its philosophy is built on basicprinciples of the Word of God. Students are taught to see life from God’s point of view, to take responsibility for their own learning, and to walk in Godly wisdom and character. This is a comprehensive Bible-based program that serves both our campus-based school and our home school families. The curriculum is recognized for preparing children for today’s world and giving them the academic and spiritual tools necessary to achieve their God-given potential.
Accelerated Christian Education’s concepts are based on the following Five Basic Laws of Learning:
- A child must be at a level where he can perform.
- He must have reasonable goals.
- His learning must be controlled, and he must be motivated.
- His learning must be measurable.
- His learning must be rewarded.
Based on these principles, the A.C.E. curriculum assures parents of:
- A solid, mastery-based, back-to-basics education for their child.
- A course of study diagnostically individualized to meet a student’s specific learning needs and capabilities.
- A program incorporating Scripture, Godly character building, and wisdom principles.
- A curriculum using advanced computer technology to help ensure the finest education possible in today’s high-tech climate.